The Phoenix XNA 3D engine is the rebirth of the FireFly engine. I hated the name so I changed it. The engine (once complete) will allow developers to quickly prototype and develop games built on the XNA framework. Some of the features
being developed include the following:
- Progressive mesh LOD terrain
- Atmospheric scattering skydome
- Dynamic input mapping system
- 2D compositor system
- Graphical User Interface components
- Scene management
- Directional, ambient and point lighting
- Particle effect system
- Skinned animation (XNAnimation has been integrated into the engine)
Now the only thing holding up the scene management system is updating the components to serialize/deserialzie using the new serializer, this should be quick and simple. Then on to the scene manager. A scene editor should evolve out of this as well.
I have made a bunch of fixes to the input system and added a serializer that will serialize and deserialize objects to/from xml. Next on the agenda is to fix all the stuff i broke and then implement scene management.